Atlantic District Convention
The 60th Regular Convention
The 60th Regular Convention of the Atlantic District LC-MS occurred June 8th & 9th in Bronxville NY
Find resources and a brief synopsis from the 60th Regular Convention of the Atlantic District LC-MS below.
*This page is being updated and will be complete Thursday July 19.
The Rev. Derek Lecakes of Bayside, N.Y., was elected to his second term as president of the LCMS Atlantic District at the district’s 60th convention, held June 8–9 in Bronxville, N.Y. Lecakes was elected on the first ballot.
Also elected were:
- Rev. Dr. Dien Ashley Taylor, pastor of Redeemer Lutheran Church, The Bronx, N.Y., as first vice-president, non-geographic;
- Dr. Joshua Hollmann, pastor of Christ Lutheran Church, Woodside, N.Y., as second vice-president, Region II;
- Mark Mueller, pastor of Bethlehem Lutheran Church, Delmar, N.Y., as third vice-president, Region I; and
- David G. Wackenhuth of Mount Sinai, N.Y., as fourth vice-president, Region III.
The elected officers were installed June 9 at the close of the convention.
Delegates also discussed and passed resolutions to:
- “decry racism in church and society.”
- expand and support the district’s Lay Deacon Program.
- expand the mandate of the Lutheran Center for Religious Liberty.
- urge the Synod in convention to remove limitations to Specific Ministry Pastor service in non-ecclesiastical supervisory roles at the district level.
- overrule the LCMS Board of Directors’ “May 2017 Resolution 12-14, re Bylaw 7.1.2.”
- modify governance of the Concordia University System.
- overrule Commission on Constitutional Matters Opinion 14-2724 regarding the Synod’s prohibition of sending missionaries.
- encourage congregations to observe feast days.
- Contains all the below sections combined in one document
- Section 0 - Pre-Matter
- Section 1 - Convention Organization
- Section 2 - Office of the President
- Section 3 - Statement of Activities
- Section 4 - Task Force Reports
- Section 5 - Vice Presidential Reports
- Section 6 - Additional Reports
- Section 7 - Nominations
- Section 8 - Overtures